Cloud Platform Engineer
As a Cloud Platform Engineer working within a fast-paced technical team, you’ll be responsible for the management, monitoring and continuous improvement of our networks, infrastructure and cloud platforms (both user-facing and back-office).
With a broad mind to the latest technologies and concepts you will be working with the platform team to deliver new and creative solutions for the business. A pragmatic to the changing responsibilities of a traditional ‘sys-admin’ in the IT industry, you’ll remain flexible to perform cross-disciplinary technical tasks and work closely alongside agile software development teams to deliver cost-clever solutions to customers.
How your role fits within our team
As a core member of our Data and Platforms teams, you’ll enjoy learning complex concepts and have a knack for applying your knowledge to problem solve and come up with lasting solutions. We will encourage you to learn from and build on your skillset via on-the-job training as well as supported learning through certification and development courses.
- Working closely with our Platform Engineer to automate and improve routine maintenance tasks across our platforms (e.g. file and database back-up and recovery, patching, certificate renewal)
- Researching and developing cost-effective and secure cloud solutions to under-pin the IT estate and business strategy at Ascenti.
- Manage our cloud and on-premises infrastructure ensuring industry standard best practices are followed.
- Supporting the team with the documentation of policies and procedures as well as the infrastructure in our IT estate.
- Communicating changes and new solutions to stakeholders, users and customers
- Maintaining change control and monitoring relevant SLAs and KPIs.
- Providing 3rd line escalation for our IT support desk
- Providing support and project delivery outside core hours both as part of a rota and under a flexible working policy.
- Understanding of networking concepts such as TCP/IP, DNS & HTTP/HTTPS
- Cloud concepts such as Infrastructure as a Service, Software as a Service and Platform as a Service
- Good understanding of the Cloud Security Principles
- Previous experience administrating Windows server 2012-2019 operating systems & active directory
- Previous experience with a Cloud solution such as Azure, AWS or Google Cloud
- Administrative experience with the Office 365 suite
- Relevant IT qualification/certification
Please view our Privacy Statement for more information on how your data will be processed and stored with Ascenti.
By submitting your application, you are confirming that you have read the Privacy Statement and are happy for your data to be dealt with in line with the Privacy Statement.