Lead Software Developer
As a full stack software developer at Ascenti, you’ll be a visible lead in our digital strategy, turning creative ideas and expert field-knowledge into practical solutions and turn-key software products.
Taking inspiration from the strong cultures of quality and innovation in our clinical departments, you’ll be expected to apply this to our product development by writing efficient code and architecting modern and exciting solutions.
How your role fits within our team
You’ll join our physio experience agile team as a lead developer of our suite of in-house .NET applications, taking ownership and responsibility for core business applications and services. The team is made up of business analysts, testers, software developers and designers. You’ll be fanatical about shaping the future direction of our department by contributing and inputting your ideas and experience into our existing digital strategy and product roadmaps.
- Writing efficient and secure code, primarily in C# .NET, with flexibility to use a range of tools and languages.
- Architecting and developing cloud-native software as part of a roadmap to remove technical debt from our portfolio.
- Taking pride in the end-to-end delivery and ongoing support of our existing products.
- Architecting and planning of system designs up front, ability to prototype ideas and respond and adapt to feedback and improvements from other developers in the team.
- Ability to effectively plan and estimate development work so as it can be time-boxed into manageable and achievable sprints.
- A technical all-rounder, hands-on with more than just coding when required. For example supporting and helping our platform and support teams with hosting, deployments, user-support and back-office processes.
- Keeping up to date in the fields of programming and technology with a view to introducing new ideas, tools and processes within the IT department.
- Line managing a small team of .NET developers and sharing your technical experience and best practices with other staff in Ascenti Digital.
- Product focussed approach to developing software.
- Previous track record of delivering software and services using cloud-native and serverless architectures.
- Advanced understanding of the Microsoft .NET stack and associated Microsoft development technologies.
- Experience with designing complex data access layers and manipulating large datasets in a relational database (SQL Server).
- Solid understanding of modern architectures for developing web applications.
- At least 2-years hands-on experience in a senior .NET development role.
- Previous experience of working as part of an agile development process.
- Demonstrable experience of communicating complex analysis and insights to senior leaders, both verbally and in writing.
- Self-starter, capable of working in a fast-paced and pragmatic environment.
- Solid work experience portfolio demonstrating your roles as a .NET programmer.
- Blazor / Web Assembly.
- ASP.NET MVC, WCF, WPF, MVVM, Silverlight.
- Experience of front end development, especially ReactJS.
- CI/CD and deployment automation.
- Experience of software and languages outside of the .NET stack.
- Experience of motivating and and developing junior technical staff and contributing to strategy.
- Working in a modern multi-disciplinary agile software team, e.g. in close collaboration with product owners, designers and testers.
- Relevant sector experience or evidence of working with health and wellbeing apps and services.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related subjected area or relevant industry or certification experience.
Please view our Privacy Statement for more information on how your data will be processed and stored with Ascenti.
By submitting your application, you are confirming that you have read the Privacy Statement and are happy for your data to be dealt with in line with the Privacy Statement.