As a member of the Financial reporting team, you will be responsible for the production of budgets and forecasts on behalf of the group. You will be responsible for overall process governance and preparing and providing insightful, accurate and timely reports to a number of internal Stakeholders and supporting the submission of various statutory submissions to external parties
How your role fits within our team
Reporting to the Financial Controller – reporting, the planning analyst works alongside the management accountant and Accounting technician to ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial information, outlooks and performance insight.
Forecasting and business partnering
• Oversee and manage the group forecasting processes
• Work with commercial finance and business budget holders to understand and build functional budget plans and provide standard templates where appropriate
• Partner business leaders to build and demonstrate a good business understanding and reflect in business planning processes, reporting and templates.
• Co-own performance reporting and outlooks with business leaders and demonstrate joined up approach for understanding business performance
• Support the business in the identification, development and measurement of core performance KPIs and ensure alignment between operational and financial performance.
• Provide ad-hoc analysis to stakeholders as required
Core business processes and governance
• Oversee the following core financial processes:
o Annual budgets
o Forecasts and outlooks
Continuous improvement & Strategic delivery
• Support and occasionally lead initiatives to improve the group forecasting processes
• Support as required the financial strategic planning processes
Join at an exciting time
In the last year Ascenti has seen a 300% increase in demand for the company's leading musculoskeletal services, which means that there are now a range of great opportunities available throughout the business, with many more developments and opportunities expected in the future.
Great benefits and rewards
Join Ascenti and you will enjoy a great benefits package with a range of hours options such as flexible, part-time and condensed hour '4 day weeks', along with 25 days' holiday (+bank holidays), enhanced family (mat & pat) leave, Vitality at Work membership, free and discounted healthcare services and many other perks and rewards.
If you think this job looks good but isn't for you, you can even earn rewards without working for Ascenti. Refer a friend by following the instructions here and receive a £200 shopping voucher if they are successful.
Click apply, it will take you two minutes and it is not essential that you include a CV. If you are a qualified for the position then Ascenti want to talk to you, and someone will be in touch soon.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications
- Finalist or Newly- Qualified accountant (ACA,ACCA or CIMA)
- Process ownership
- Forecast and budget production
- Working with functions outside finance
- Working to tight deadlines
- Finance systems and manipulating data