Right to Work and DBS Checks
At Ascenti, we conduct identity, Right to Work and DBS checks on everyone who joins us.
Right to Work checks are a Government requirement to verify that individuals who apply for a job with us are eligible to work in the UK.
The DBS background checks are in place at Ascenti due to the sensitive data and information we deal with through our patient care, and all staff must go through this process before joining us.
These checks require personal documents from you to support and verify the above checking procedures.
Before your interview you must provide three original documents to the Talent Team via email and keep the same documents on hand to show at your virtual interview. All documents must be in their original format e.g. – paper. Therefore, you must scan them or take a picture of them like below and attached them to the email.
The Government have allowed a temporary change to Right to Work checks during the Covid-19 pandemic where they can be conducted via video calls. This includes holding up your document to the camera like below, so that the interviewee can take a screengrab of the documents as proof that they have checked them with the person they are interviewing for the role.
All documents must be the original paper copy. The only PDF/digital version document we can accept is P60.
Check that all the documents that you want to share with us are one of the document options from the list provided below, they are in date and they are saved in the correct format.
Share with us
Please email a copy by scanning or taking a picture of the documents and send them to the Talent Team before your interview. You must also keep the documents on hand to show at your virtual interview.
The three documents that you need to provide can be chosen from the following -
One document for Right to Work in the UK from the following:
- Valid UK/EU/EEA passport (must be signed), OR
- UK birth certificate with a proof of NI number (P60, P45, payslip), OR
- EU national Identity card, OR
- Biometric residence permit issued by the UK Home Office & passport for non-UK and non-EU nationals (both sides)
Two documents for Proof of Address from the following:
- Valid UK driving licence (photo card licence)
- Utility bill (not mobile phone) within the last 3 months
- Bank statement/Building society last 3 months (No credit card statement)
- This year’s council tax bill or statement
- Mortgage statement within the last 12 months
- Benefit entitlement statement, benefit card or letter from DWP last 3 months
- Personalised HMRC letter within the last 3 months
- P60 (P45 is not acceptable)
Watch this short video for more guidance to help you prepare the documents you need: