Are you one of the millions of people who have had to unexpectedly start working from home?
If so, it’s likely that you have less specialist working equipment to hand, such as office chairs and desks, which can leave you susceptible to musculoskeletal disorders such as back pain. This is due to long periods of sitting in positions that are not optimal for your body or what we call ‘ergonomic’.
But you do not need to put up with pain or discomfort when working from home. Our home-working health checks can be booked as an online physio appointment and will be delivered as a live one-to-one video consultation with a trained Ascenti physiotherapist.
This remote physio service has been specially designed to support you while you’re working in these unique circumstances while we fight to prevent the spread of Covid-19, covering:
- Guidance about how to achieve the best working set-up and posture at home to avoid common issues such as neck strain which can lead to injury or pain.
- Managing pain, injury, reduced mobility or musculoskeletal conditions, such as back pain, when working from home.
- Exercises and stretches that can help to prevent and relieve pain due to home working.
- Good home working practices and habits that can help to protect overall mental and physical wellbeing while working at home.
The Ascenti home-working health check service is delivered through the Ascenti Physio app using our proven virtual physio consultation and videocall technology. This app also incorporates a variety of tools to help you get the most from your health check, such as goal-setting, exercise reminder notifications, demonstration videos and diaries that can be shared with physios.
You can book a 30-minute home-working health check for £40 by booking an online physio appointment here and selecting 'home working' when prompted to specify what your appointment is regarding.
We also have more tips and guidance for home workers from some of our occupational health and experts in this field on our Patient Zone, including the below articles:
- How to set-up an ergonomic home office
- Working from home ruining your posture? Here’s how to sit properly
- 5 stretches for home workers
We have also published a whitepaper about the impact that new coronavirus-related working arrangements are having on the nation's musculoskeletal health. If you would like to find out more please click here.